Bon Appétit has compiled the very best of over 50 years worth of dessert recipes in their new book, Bon Appétit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and Wonderful.
With over 600 recipes, this master tome has something for every taste and every skill level. And to make things even easier, each recipe is graded on a “whisk” scale of difficulty, so you know right away if the recipe you’re looking at is easy (one whisk) or a pull-out-all-the-stops-spend-the-day-in-the-kitchen kind of recipe (four whisks).
Full of beautiful pictures and helpful hints, this book runs the gamut from cakes to pies, cookies to soufflés, ice cream to candy.
If you want to make chocolate chip cookies or vanilla cupcakes, it’s there.
Baklava cheesecake or Zabaglione Tart with Marsala-Lemon sauce? That’s in there too.
And the chapter on bar cookies & brownies means you’ll probably never need to consult another cookbook for any bake sale ever again. And even if you don’t bake that often, this book is so comprehensive, it’s really the ultimate reference guide for that one day a year when inspiration strikes and you just need to make your own ice cream – from scratch. (Did I mention there’s a whole chapter on ice cream & sorbet?)
And if you don’t bake at all? Well, it’s also perfect for prettying up the coffee table!
So now that I’ve got your attention, I’m going to sweeten the pot a little (oh yes, pun most definitely intended!) – as extra incentive to keep reading and ignore my total delinquency from time to time, the winner of this Cookbook Giveaway will also receive… a one-year subscription to Bon Appétit!!
Here’s how to enter:
The contest will run through the weekend, ending at midnight on Sunday, December 12 (open to the 48 contiguous United States). So between now and Sunday, here are the different ways you can enter!
- Leave a Comment on this post about your favorite holiday tradition, memory, food, most epic holiday disaster… anything you want!
- Follow @Little_Scarlet on Twitter. Come back and leave a new Comment on this post saying that you’ve done so.
- Become a fan of Little Scarlet on Facebook. Come back and leave another new Comment on this post saying that you’ve done so.
- Follow Little Scarlet’s RSS feeds in Google Reader, or the RSS feed site of your choosing. And then just come back to this post and leave a new Comment saying you’ve done so.
- “Buzz” this post (and Little Scarlet!) on Foodbuzz, by clicking here or here (and then click the “buzz it!”/“buzz'em” icon). And leave another Comment about it!
- Leave another holiday-themed Comment on this post
- Re-Tweet this post and Comment here with the link to that Twitter status (limit 1 eligible RT daily). To make it easy, you can either RT from our initial tweet (here) – or you can just copy and paste this: “@Little_Scarlet Bon Appetit giveaway! visit http://bit.ly/gyaulL to win the bon appetit desserts cookbook and a one-year subscription!”
Good luck, everyone!!!